Sunday 1 July 2007

Saving Money - The Little Things Add Up #10 - Driving

Petrol and Diesel prices are increasing all the time so owning and driving a car is getting more and more expensive.

Save fuel by trying not to rev as hard. Using the air conditioning uses more too so only use it when its really necessary.

When you are about to make a car journey question whether it is really necessary or if you can walk instead.

I had to give up my car as the engine went wrong and the cost to repair it was more than the car was worth. I now walk far more often, and when I do need a car I borrow my kids' dads' car. That way I don't have to pay tax, insurance or for mot or servicing only my share of the petrol. Even if we were sharing those bills it would still save me a lot more than when I had my own car. It is certainly something to think about.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have a hybrid car, this means is runs on petrol and electric. While driving using petrol, the electric battery charges and then when the car needs less power it uses the battery. This has halved our fuel bill and attracts a lower car tax.