Thursday 12 July 2007

Saving Money - The Little Things Add Up #12 - Cooling

In the summer I usually see lots of people with fans on trying to cool down their houses, this is a real drain on the electricity. In the USA a lot of people have air conditioning and just put it on without thinking that there are better ways of stopping the house getting too warm.

To start with I leave the curtains drawn on a hot day. I have black out curtains upstairs and hardly any of the heat seems to come through them.

I try to get a through breeze in the house so I keep the windows and the door open so the air can circulate well.

I also wear cool clothes. I wear thin cotton clothes and not tight heavy fabrics.

I also use lots of ice in drinks and always make sure I have a cold drink next to me as that cools me down quickly.

No comments: