Saturday 7 July 2007

Saving Money - The Little Things Add Up #11 - Decorating

I have just been decorating my living room but I have a limited budget. Instead of doing expensive decorations I have painted the room magnolia over the top of the paint that was already there. That meant I only need one coat of paint which saved me money and I could also buy very cheap paint as magnolia is one of the cheapest ot buy. White paint is cheap too which is why I have kept the ceiling white even though I'm not keen on white ceilings.

Instead of getting a new carpet which I really need I'm going to use a friends carpet cleaner instead to make it look cleaner and newer but saving me a lot of money.

I have also washed down all the door and skirting boards which has meant I don't have to repaint them which will save me money as well.

No comments: