Tuesday 19 June 2007

Making the most of your skills

Whether you be an arty person, practical, enjoy being with children or have skills in other areas, there are always ways we can make the most of our skills and potentially make money from them.

My skills are in web design which is why I try to make money from blogs and websites. I also enjoy looking after children so do some childminding and work voluntarily at a nursery. (This might not sound like a way to make money but it will help me with my CV once I want to go back to permanant work as well as hopefully getting me a good reference).

If your skills are in arts and crafts why not try painting pictures to sell, making cards, designing flyers for people etc. If you have good people skills there are telemarketing jobs you can do from home. If you enjoy walking perhaps leaflet delivery will work for you. If housework is your thing you might be able to take in ironing or do cleaning, often people are sympathetic if you take a young child along as long as they behave.

There are a lot of jobs out there that might suit your skills you just need to sit down and think about what you are good at.

No comments: