Sunday 17 June 2007

Saving Money - The Little Things Add Up #4 - Own Brands

When buying things in the supermarket have you ever stopped to compare your usual brand with the supermarkets own brand or a cheaper version of what you use.

Ok, some items don't compare and it is worth paying more for extra quality (for me loo roll certainly comes into this category), and sometimes you like to pay more for ethical reasons (like I buy environmentally friendly items and things that aren't tested on animals).

However for me things like baked beans, fruit and veg, crisps, tinned fruit etc doesn't vary that much and you can save loads by trying a cheaper brand. I must admit there are some shop brands that I don't like at all, but most are fairly similar to the orginals and save you a lot.

No comments: